Family Activities in Beaufort South Carolina
Looking for family activities in Beaufort South Carolina? Beaufort South Carolina offers a variety of activities for families.
With Beaufort South Carolina being the second oldest city in South Carolina, one can imagine there are activities to entice every family. From beach activities to exploring its rich history, Beaufort, South Carolina has something for everyone.
There are many different family activities in Beaufort South Carolina that involve the outdoors.
- Capt. Dick’s Beaufort River Tour and Dolphin Watch—Tour departs daily and last
a little more than an hour, a private charter can also be scheduled.
- Spanish Moss Trail—Walk, jog, or bike on the 13.6-mile paved trail through the
beautiful Beaufort scenery.
- Hunting Island Lighthouse—Lifting 132 ft into the sky, this lighthouse offers
a view for miles, visitors can explore its history from inside and
outside the lighthouse.
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park—this park overlooks the bay and is home to
many local festivals, has a mixture of dining options and shops.
Beaufort, South Carolina offers a rich history that families can explore through self-guided, bus, walking and even buggy tours.
- Parris Island—Home to United States Marine Corp. Visit the museum, see USMC
graduation, and learn all about the history of Port Royal.
- National Cemetery—33 acres of beautiful resting place for Confederate an
- Union Soldiers from the Civil War, many Medal of Honor recipients, and other soldiers
who battled in other U.S. conflicts.
- Fort Fremont—Famous fort from the Spanish American War that protected the
cooling station and dry dock at the Port Royal Naval Station
- Santa Elena—First European settlement in North America.
- Penn Center—Founded in 1862, the first academic school for freed slaves.
Unique shops, places and treats are definitely must do’s for family activities in Beaufort South Carolina.
- Monkey’s Uncle—this unique shop offers books, toys, and children’s activities.
- The Kazoobie Kazoo Factory, Museum, and Gift Shop—tour the factory,
discover the museum, explore the gift shop and make your own kazoo at this
unique find in Beaufort.
- The Lollipop Shop—stop for a sweet candy treat in Historic Beaufort, South
- Barefoot Bubba’s—This is a one-stop shop for ice cream, kayak rentals,
souvenirs and everything you might need for a day at the beach.
- The Chocolate Tree—a local landmark, fine chocolates, and confections made on
- Southern Sweets Ice Cream Parlor—Grab a quick bite or a sweet treat at this
There are so many things for families to do in Beaufort, South Carolina that it may be hard to decide what to do first. For more information on joining our community let Lisa Weslake help find you a home close to all these family activities.
Comments are closed